With over 3.5 million users, QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting systems used by small businesses. It is reliable, cost-effective, and capable of meeting the accounting needs of most small businesses. But what happens when your business grows? After all, your goal is to grow your business, right? Well, unfortunately, QuickBooks has problems keeping up with the needs of midsize companies. Some of the specific problems include:
1. User Count Limitations
2. Need for Enhanced Internal Controls
3. Lack of Integration Between other Software
4. Inability to Customize for Specific Needs
But how do you know when your business has outgrown QuickBooks?
10 Signs that your Business has Outgrown Quickbooks
1. You need a Scalable Solution: As we have already said, QuickBooks does not grow with your business and, in some cases, could limit you to under 25 simultaneous users. Microsoft Dynamics GP, on the other hand, can scale to over 1,000 users.
2. Internal Controls are Important: As your business grows, you cannot be involved in everything that takes place. This is why Microsoft Dynamics GP provides you with audit trails, a record of “who”, “what”, and “when”.
3. You require more Control and Efficiency: Microsoft Dynamics GP allows users to monitor and act on workflow transactions in GP, Outlook, and SharePoint Server. QuickBooks, meanwhile, provides no workflow tools.
4. Your Business demands Inventory Functionality: QuickBooks does not have the functionality to keep up with complex inventories. QuickBooks does not support serialized inventory, multiple warehouses, bar coding, or demand forecasting.
5. You require Advanced Distribution and Warehousing Functionality: QuickBooks does not provide an auto-generation of purchase orders when stock falls below the established minimum.
6. International Business: QuickBooks supports only one currency, has no language options within its interface, and does not allow the mixing and matching of international versions.
7. Integration with Microsoft Office and more: Microsoft Dynamics GP can be fully integrated with Microsoft Office and Excel, QuickBooks only allows limited integrations.
8. You Need Additional Financial and Operational Reports: QuickBooks does not provide the complex reports that larger organizations require.
9. You need greater CRM Capabilities: QuickBooks CRM is limited to 5 users. Microsoft Dynamics GP has an integration solution, Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
10. Greater Functionality at an Affordable Price: There are a lot of hidden costs with QuickBooks. Microsoft Dynamics GP, on the other hand, is affordable and has the option to be a hosted solution.
So is it time for you to make the switch to Microsoft Dynamics GP?
For more information about Microsoft Dynamics GP or to request a demo, please contact Complete Software by calling 410-740-1090 or click here to visit our website!
Based out of Columbia, Maryland, Complete Software (CS) is proud to be a Microsoft Partner and Value Added Reseller (VAR) for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and Microsoft Dynamics SL as well as a unique software developer providing solutions for businesses and non-profit organizations throughout the country. We offer a variety of services including Microsoft Dynamics consulting, system evaluation, business process analysis, system design, customizations, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations and system upgrades.
Our goal is to provide a complete financial system with a core Microsoft Dynamics foundation to businesses and labor unions located in Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, New York, and New Jersey!