Microsoft made all of the tools in Professional Service Tools Library free, but you do need to install an updated file in order to access them. Please contact your Microsoft Dynamics GP partner to download the current version of Professional Service Tools Library to receive access to all of the free tools and then follow these steps to install and initialize the tools.
- Download the files for PSTL and copy the taUtil.cnk file into the GP code folder.
- Open GP and click Yes when it asks if you want to include new code.
- If PSTL has not been initialized yet, login as the sa user – otherwise, you can login with any other user.
- Once you are logged in, right click in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen in a blank spot and choose Add > Add Window.
- In Add Window Shortcut, select Technical Service Tools > Project > Professional Services Tools Library and click Add – this will create a shortcut to the Professional Service Tools Library in the navigation pane.
- Click on the shortcut you just created to open PSTL. If the tools have not been initialized yet, they will do so now – click OK when the registration keys open, which should already have the registration key entered.
*To install PSTL on additional workstations, repeat steps 1-2.
*To setup access for additional users, login as that user and repeat steps 4 and 5.
*To initialize PSTL for additional GP companies, repeat step 6.
John found this blog originally posted by Danny Rose at http://dynamicsuniversity.com/install-professional-service-tools-library/ as well as a very easy to follow tutorial written by Brianne Laverdure at http://blog.encorebusiness.com/using-company-copy-pstl/.
Please contact us with any questions or assistance!